Sunday, September 25, 2011

Color Harmony


acrylic paint
artist St. Vincent Scarpace

This painting shows a good example of color harmony, especially in the eye of the fish.



Looking closely at the area surrounding the eye, you can see a very interesting relationship between all of the colors that were used. They all seem to blend together with ease which is exactly what colors exhibit when there's harmony between them. I want to say the artist used a square color scheme for the eye, using shades of green, blue, yellow, and red. I really enjoy looking at the yellow/red part of the eye. It makes me feel like I definitely don't want to know what's inside the fish's mind since it has that black hole effect going on, targeting all of my attention to the white circle.




No comments:

Post a Comment