Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rule of Thirds - In Perspective

I have chosen someone who I would consider an artist, my InDesign teacher, Hudson. He always harps on the "Rule of Thirds", and I definitely believe it is a great thing to keep in mind during our perspective project. The Rule of Thirds is the splitting up of a piece of paper (or whatever you may be using), into thirds. The lines intersecting create "power points". These power points are where the eyes are automatically drawn to when looking at a piece of art. The empty space in the middle of the squares are called the "weak" spots, especially in the very center of the page. I think that this is important to keep in mind, especially when working with our perspective stamps in order to create more interesting designs.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. I'm not sure if I completely agree but I never studied design. Isn't that sort of just saying that the center square of a picture is what the eyes are drawn to?

    ReplyDelete